|We believe every architectural and interior design firm
should have a clear, strong design philosophy, and should articulate that philosophy to
clients to avoid misunderstandings about what the client will get from the firm. Our
- Systematic, Rational-- With a functional basis for all design
decisions and an ability to communicate to the client the logic and process of the design
- Humanistic-- With scale, texture, color and forms utilized in
a way that helps people feel comfortable and enjoy their environment.
- Contextual-- With each project integrated both functionally
and aesthetically with its surroundings, not designed as a separate monument to itself.
- Innovative-- With design features, technical ideas, and
project management techniques developed from a fresh look at project requirements.
Our design philosophy is more that just words. It is integral to all of our
projects and activities. As a result:
- We don't have a "favorite style" (See Architects Without A Style Newsletter). We believe the design
should derive naturally from the project needs and context.
- We believe that design should never be arbitrary, never done just "for the fun of
it" or just "to be different". There should be a logic and purpose
behind every aspect of a design. It is a variation of the idea that "form
should follow function".
Integration of Architecture and Interior Design-- Office
interiors require expertise in interior design aspects such as finishes and furniture, as
well as architectural aspects such as emergency systems, air conditioning, and acoustical
partition construction. We are committed to the integration of interior design and
architecture, with a staff that is evenly balanced in training and experience. One
without the other is not enough.